Monday, February 23, 2015

OSCARS 2015 WINNER



All the internet is talking about the Oscars this year, some critics considering that the movie that won was not even worth considering. 

The movie that won the Oscars this year is "Birdman". It had multiple nominations and won the Oscars for the following categories: Best picture, Best director, Best original screenplay and  for Best cinematography.

"BIRDMAN or The Unexpected Virtue Of Ignorance is a black comedy that tells the story of an actor (Michael Keaton) - famous for portraying an iconic superhero - as he struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening night, he battles his ego and attempts to recover his family, his career, and himself." (c) Fox Searchlight

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm sure going to after all these awards. Although it happened to me before to try to watch a movie that won the Oscars, but felt somehow disappointing when I actually get to watch it. For example, "The Artist" didn't feel like such a hit. I thought, maybe it's just my stupid opinion, but then saw film critics complaining about the movie too. Anyway I don't know what to make of all these. I don't want to waste my time again on a movie that doesn't tell me anything, just because it got an Oscar, or 4. The trailer looks promising, but is it really worth it?

I'm expecting your opinions in the comments below, but no spoilers please! 



No comments:

Post a Comment